Richard A. Davidson, Jr. was born and raised in Bedford, Massachusetts. He graduated from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Massachusetts in 1985 and then from the University of Dayton School of Law in Dayton, Ohio in 1988. While a law student, Mr. Davidson participated in the University of Dayton School of Law's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Law Clinic Programs assisting indigent clients.
From February 1989 until September 1996, Mr. Davidson was a sole practitioner in Bedford, Massachusetts. During that time, he qualified as a Bar Advocate with the Committee for Public Counsel Services and served with the Middlesex County Bar Advocates, Inc. and Middlesex Defense Attorneys, Inc. as a contract attorney where he successfully defended indigent clients in misdemeanor and felony cases in District and Superior Courts.
From September 1996 to June 1999, Mr. Davidson joined the Law Offices of Corey R. Cutler where he eventually became Managing Attorney and concentrated his practice in the prosecution of civil matters at the District and Superior Courts, as well as privately representing criminal defendants.
From June 1999 until April 2009, Mr. Davidson joined Flynn & Associates, P.C. where represented freight railroads in various jurisdictions in the defense of FELA claims, trespasser and child trespasser accidents, commercial and business litigation, civil rights litigation, and premises liability. While at Flynn & Associates, P.C., Mr. Davidson's continued to represent clients in criminal, motor vehicle negligence, and general personal injury matters.
In April 2009, Mr. Davidson established the Davidson Law Office and represents freight and passenger railroads in the defense of FELA claims, trespasser and child trespasser accidents, commercial and business litigation, civil rights litigation, and premises liability. In addition to his railroad defense practice, Mr. Davidson also represents clients in divorce, probate and criminal defense matters.
Areas of Practice
- Freight and Passenger Railroad Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2008
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 05/1988
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 05/1985
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- Richard A. Davidson, Jr. Attorney at Law, Sole Practitioner, 1989 to 1996
- Law Offices of Cory R. Cutler, 1996 to 1999
- Flynn & Associates, P.C., 1999 to 2009
- Middlesex County Bar Advocates
- Middlesex Defense Attorneys, Inc.